Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Our new baby boy David!

So here is our blog, isn't it exciting. I'll start off by saying Jonathan and I just celebrated our 3 year anniversary and are still living in Logan,UT. I'm still working for Famous Footwear and he is in school to be a pilot. We just welcomed our first child, David James, into our lives on the 8th of May. We are so excited to finally have him here and he is such a bundle of fun. He was 8.4 lbs. and 21 inches long. He has a ton of black hair just like his momma did and the rest of him looks like his daddy. He has very long fingers and long feet. Labor was a breeze! I was only in labor for 5 hours and 25 minutes of pushing. It was so fun to see his little face when he came out, he had to have a little help with a vacuum suction so his head was kinda cone like but still so cute. Jonathan cut the cord (he told me before that he would not being doing that what so ever) and even watched as I was pushing. Daddy was there at his first bath, which he loved, and was such a proud poppa. We got to come home a day early and the first night was a little rough. This was mainly due to the fact that I could not sleep because I had to keep checking to see if he was still breathing. I got over that real fast the next few days, and started sleeping in between feedings.
David is a very out spoken little baby. When he is mad, HE IS MAD. He wore his vocal cords out and has a raspy little cry now. He hates being changed and being totally naked unless he is wrapped up in a towel before his bath and always wants to be bundled up when laying down. He LOVES water on his head. He also likes his binky and having his feet warm, but not touched alot. He makes the cutest squeaky noises in his sleep and sometimes he gets a cute little smile when he is dreaming. There are no words to describe how much I love him.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah! Hooray for blogging! Now we just have to get Corey to start. Add my link to your page!

Keslers said...

Kristen he is so adorable. I am so glad that everything went well. I kept asking Kylee if she had heard anything, but she never had any info. I am so glad you started a blog so I can see your little baby. Me and Kylee still want to come see you and little David so I will call you soon. Congrats and good luck with everything. If you need anything at all please call me.